Sunday, March 8, 2009

Here I Kneel

I will never experience what my wife has.  I will never be able to say with completeness, I understand.  I have never carried a child for 9 months inside me, or one day for that matter.  I have never felt the little wonder moving around inside me late at night so I can't sleep or had heartburn so bad I can't lay down.  I have never loved and cared for a beautiful, but into everything 16 month old while I had another 6lb one inside me taking my energy too.  I have never had to feel the burden of knowing that I work hard every single day for my beautiful little boy that can't say thankyou yet, and for a husband that is to selfish too many times.  I have never had to feel the burden of friends making jokes that 'I must sit around and eat snacks and watch T.V while Garrison plays.'  I have never had the burden of justifying what should come natural to women with little children.  I have never had to have my body scared because I love my babies so much.  There are so many things that you Emily have had to experience that I must just step back and kneel.  You are my princess and I love you,
Ryan 

No comments: