Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Great God of Logic and Feelings

I can't wrap my mind around the concept of a Being that can be personal and loving to one million different people at the same time.  My head and heart stop right here.  I can't possibly understand how this is possible, and I can't possibly feel how real this truly is.  Yet Paul prayed in the New Testament that we would know the width and breadth and depth of the love of Christ which passes all understanding.  Think about that.  He prayed that we would know something that is beyond our ability to understand.  I can remember when Jesus started becoming personal to me that I wrote in a journal that God must dissect seconds to be with His children.  I wasn't at the time writing to explain the concept of the omnipresence of God.  I was just so overwhelmed that the God of the universe cared enough to be personal with everyone of us.  He doesn't just tell us if you do this and this my angels will write it down and you will go to heaven one day.  No!  He comes to us personally and turns our hearts eyes to His.  This is to awesome to fully understand, but man I'm so thankful its true.  As A.W. Tozer says.  We can always be confident that when we look to God we have kind eyes looking back at us.  If we really let this sink in more we our lives would change dramatically.  He is just as present with me while I am calling role at school as He is when I am singing a song in church, though I may not realize it.  
This is such a freeing concept that ties with another one.  God is.  I may find out different things or see more light to show me Him more clearly but He is and always was the same.  This may be the most stabilizing fact I know.  God is.  Now I can search things without fear that my foundation will prove false.  I now have a sure place to see life from.  His name is 'I am'  

No comments: