Saturday, February 14, 2009

Continuing down the trail

So it has been a good while since I posted something.  I want to continue what I was talking about on my last post.  I was typing about thinking about things in relation to the beginning of creation.  It has been pretty freeing to me.  I say that not like I have found 'new light' but instead rediscovered what has always been here.  Now this may seem silly or over-simplistic, but its valuable to me and maybe it will be to somebody else.  
One thing I was thinking about today was the fact that there was no written language in the beginning.  Now this has a lot of implications.  I'll list a few I can think of.  God must be much more aware to everyone than we tend to think of Him.  Now of course God was more aware to Adam and Eve before they fell into sin, but I am talking about after that.  God was just as present during the unwritten years as He is now in the written years.  Now hold on a minute.  I know that the Word of God is the brightest light to show us Him, and the message of the gospel of Jesus must be believed for us to be born-again and made right with God.  What I am saying weakens none of that truth, instead I thing it strengthens it.  God is so much more aware to those He hasn't saved yet than we think.  I think Romans establishes this fact as well as many other texts.  The whole Bible establishes this fact really.  They know at the deepest root of who they are that God made them and is near.  The gospel breaths on this fact.  It does not come upon us like magic.  The good news about Jesus (the gospel), comes to all people that hear it not as another language, but as more of the same truth leading us to the God who has always been so near.  Once again the Word of God is essential as well as the Holy Spirit of God to convict us and draw us to God, but it all builds off of the light we already know from the beginning of creation.  
That is just one implication.  It also affects the way I think about education as well, which is becoming more and more important the older Garrison and soon to be Allie Parker get.  
Anyways, thanks again for reading
Ryan

3 comments:

Frances said...

I agree with you completely. I think because we DO have the Scriptures, we aren't really as receptive to see how the Lord speaks to us through His creation. We know every creature in that creation cries out to Him (Revelation 5:13)and I think every leaf on every bush and tree in some way speaks of our redemption through the cross. We just don't have the eyes to see it clearly. There will come a day, however, when we will no longer see through a glass darkly, and the new heaven and new earth will openly reveal the redemption purchased by the blood of the Lord Jesus. It will be evident in every blade of grass, every minuscule creature, every microscopic organism in the sea and we will all see it and worship.

Emily Little said...

amen

Ryan said...

sorry
the second comment was by me but I didn't realize that the computer was still logged in under emily