Sunday, January 18, 2009

New train of thought...

Lately I have been thinking about things with Genesis in mind.  I mean by that, that I have been wondering how did men and women do certain things from the beginning of time.  This has been freeing to me, because I have found in thinking that way that many of the things we take as just matters of the way things should be done may actually just have come around the last century or so.  This is of course very important I think in the way we raise our children.  Unfortunately I will have to continue this later, because my wife needs to use the computer.  I will definitely continue this later.  
Ryan

1 comment:

Frances said...

I heard someone say on television the other day that they thought the secret to a happy marriage was having separate televisions...some would probably say it is having separate computers!

I think your thoughts are so right about how "recent" our way of doing things are. It is fairly recent, for example, for people to choose their own mates. A few hundred years ago, a person's parents selected their mates for them based on what would best benefit the estate or the families' well-being (depending upon how poor or wealthy they were). In some cultures, a man never even saw his bride until the wedding!

We become so used to thinking that the way WE do things, this very moment, is the way they have always been done, that we forget we are just a speck in a very long history of culture, of mankind and in eternity.