Friday, June 20, 2008

It is amazing to me

It is amazing to me that He loves me.  I am so messed up.  I may have doubted that before, but I am more and more certain everyday that anything that is ever good in me has to be from Him.  Think for a moment if God were to pull out every word of every thought that you thought today and posted them for everyone to see.  That is who we truly are.  We are not merely what others see, or what we see in a mirror.  We are what God sees.  Let that sink in.  There is no mind games with him.  He sees the mind game.  This makes Jesus' words in the gospels not seem so harsh and overstated when he said "if you being wicked know how to give good gifts to your children will not your heavenly Father give to those who ask Him."  I have always thought that statement seemed harsh.  Surely not all of those that He was teaching were wicked.  But that is where I err in my thinking.  The Lord sees our hearts. 
So have you murdered today?  Have you stolen?  Have you committed adultery?  Have you placed another god before Him? ............
Yes we have.  We are all guilty.  
But what does God say "while we were yet sinners, Christ died for the ungodly"  He does not say oh your not that bad, but you know I had to die for you to save you.  NO!  He says 'you are wicked, if not in your actions in your thoughts, and since I am God of both, you are, but I still love you.  He still loves me.  He still loves you.  If that does not warm your heart then please pray that He will make it do that, because that is the greatest news of all time.  
As a line in a song I heard says "Why should I gain from His reward? I can not give an answer.  But this one thing I know for sure,  His wounds have paid my ransom."
Let the truth of the often misused yet beautiful verse sink in to your heart.  "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

No comments: