Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Get Up!

I was talking to Mr. Glen, a good friend and father so-to-speak in the faith a while back, and I remember him saying that if we could hear the Holy Spirit audibly, we would hear him say "Get Up!" on a regular basis.  I guess I think about things in a weird way sometimes.  Its crazy how I get to things in my thought process at times.  I was just sitting here thinking about how I feel contradictory sometimes by some of the things that I like.  Some of the things I like are not normally in the same camps; like football and poetry.  Well that got me to thinking about the football players and coaches on my team right now.  That lead me to the rest of this post.  I struggle quite often with the guilt of my past sins and failures.  I have to look many folks in the eye all the time who have saw me do things and say things not in sink with my profession of Christ.  In all of my failures I am reminded however of what Mr. Glen told me, and what the Bible says......if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness, and there is therefore no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.  He convicts me and disciplines me as a loving father does his children, but He has paid the price for my debt.  To be sure there is another voice that I have to fight telling me that He hasn't forgiven me and that He doesn't love me anymore now that I have done it again, but all the while the Holy Spirit is saying...."Get up! Get up!  Because I love you!
In one of the Rocky movies Rocky is getting beat pretty bad and he falls down.  He lays there for a while and he can't hardly move.  Then he hears Mickey his trainer scream at him, "Get up! Get up you son of #####, cause Mickey loves ya."  Now I am not trying to equate Mickey with Jesus, but if we can find the strength to get up when a human that we love and admire so much encourages us, how much more would we if we let it sink in and thought often about the fact that God is there in the middle of our biggest falls and He is not only convicting our hearts but also trying to encourage us to get back up because He loves us!

Thanks for reading again,
Ryan

No comments: