Sunday, July 26, 2009

Prenuptial with God

This will hopefully be a short post.  I was thinking about the common thought process of some christians I have talked to.  It goes like this.......even if it turns out that there is in fact is no heaven and hell,  we christians would have lived a good life anyway.  At first this argument sounds decent, but I think it leads to a prenuptial agreement with God in your heart.  You see, people who make prenuptial agreements with their soon to be spouse are afraid that their husband or wife will not keep their promise.  I think this will always keep a mind-set of holding back a little just in case.  That is exactly what the thought process above does with God.  I pray I will have Paul's mind-set instead.........."If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied." (1Corinthians 15:19)  It is hard to be completely sold out for someone that you think might not really exist. 

Thanks for reading,
Ryan

No comments: