Monday, June 1, 2009

Education

"Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself."
John Dewey

How many folks would enjoy school more and teachers teach better and parents free themselves from guilt and children enjoy learning if we looked at education a little more like this.  Now there are certainly some things that I disagree with that John Dewey believed about education, but the quote above gets the essence of what I believe we are definitely missing in public schools and could be missing in many private schools.  

2 comments:

Frances Davis said...

I wish I was making a pithy comment about the content of what you had said, but I really wanted to say I like the lighter font on the darker background better. I find it easier to read.

Ryan said...

Thank you for the suggestion Mrs. Frances.
It does read easier.